The Westminster Riding Club was founded in 1934 by a group of local Carroll Countians who shared common interests socializing and horseback riding. Competition among local riding circles was prevalent during those early years. As membership grew, so did the club's recognition. Before long, competition spread from local to national equestrian riding circles throughout the Eastern United States. Ribbons collected from those various events are proudly displayed in the clubhouse today.
In the early 50's, there was a transformation from horse to seahorses. A 25 yard swimming pool was built for the members' pleasure and was shortly followed by a separate diving facility. In 1999, the original pool was updated and lengthened to 25 meters and a separate baby/kiddie pool was built.
The Westminster Riding Club still retains its original name and memories of its historical significance to the community and founding members. Many changes have taken place over the years. More recently, with its steady growth of membership, the club has become an active center of entertainment, while providing an opportunity for privacy and relaxation for members and their guests.
Today, as a member, you become part of the Riding Club's heritage and family, enjoying activities throughout the year for everyone in every season.